Thursday, February 16, 2012

Confessions of Diet Non-starter

I hereby confess:
  1. This blog is being written as I chow down on Pizza Hut cheese sticks smothered in cinnamon icing. While looking at my Sigma Corporate Run t-shirt and bib.
  2. I should really be ashamed of the amount of junk I've eaten over the past three weeks, but I am not. Sorry.
  3. Cast your minds back to my last official blog, where I spouted off at the mouth about revisiting my eating choices and going vegetarian for the month of February. Today is the 16th and the most veges I've eaten all month are two paltry lettuce leaves and a tomato.
  4. I ate two Burger King meals on Monday. I'm really sorry about the second one. It was eaten at around 11:45 pm. My arteries are still weeping.
  5. I've drunk soda. Several times.
In my defence:
  1. My bread, flour and rice are whole wheat.
  2. I did 30 minutes of cardio Monday morning. Ok, 25.
  3. Although I haven't kept up the exercise routine, I've been doing A LOT of walking lately. That should count for something, right?
  4. I'll be participating in the Sigma Run, so that should count for something, right? My aim is to not come last or finish on a stretcher in an ambulance.
  5. I'll be making a concerted effort to do better in March, I promise. 
  6. I'm still going to do my vegetarian month. In September, April, June or November. 30 days of suffering doing something good for my body.
  7. My entire office is going to start Meatless Mondays next month.
To whom it may concern, please forgive me for my dietary lapses. I promise to do better in future.

Sincerely,
Me

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home